Revision as of 04:04, 4 April 2010 by Digimer
Node Assassin :: NA v1.1.3
Availability of parts forced a slight change from v1.1.2 to this version:
- Based on the Arduino Duemilanove using the Ethernet Shield for communication.
- Arduino's digital pins #2-9 set to output through 330Ω resistors to 2x LTV-846 opto-isolators which opens and closes a given node's reset switch. Supports up to 8 nodes at the moment.
- 74HC540E 8-Input Inverter for the status LEDs.
- 1N4148 diodes prevent improper connection of the reset connectors by providing a closed circuit when the reset switch's +5vcc is connected to the ground pin.
- 8x green and 8x red low-power LEDs are are paired up per circuit to show the status of each port.
- 16x 330Ω resistors. Each Open/Fenced status LED pair's grounds are tied together and connected to ground via a resistor and the Arduino pins going through the optoisolators are tied to ground through a resistor.
- An Arduino Proto Shield v.4 is used to assemble the components onto an Arduino-compatible shield. Given the size restrictions, wire-wrap wire is used to provide connections. It's messy, but it works.
Per circuit design:
Feb. 27, 2010: The initial proto-board is done!
I still need to do up proper schematics. I will do that shortly.
|Any questions, feedback, advice, complaints or meanderings are welcome.|
|Us: Alteeve's Niche!||Support: Mailing List||IRC: #clusterlabs on Freenode||© Alteeve's Niche! Inc. 1997-2019|
|legal stuff: All info is provided "As-Is". Do not use anything here unless you are willing and able to take responsibility for your own actions.|